Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by swollen veins which swell. It can be grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter medicine, undertake a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for managing this condition.
- Other non-surgical treatments include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the particular medical practitioner would inject phenol or quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are those referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested to be able to defecate prior to injecting the sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment is actually strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's effectiveness.
- The area to be taken care of is usually oiled and pain killer may be given.
The Sclerosants Must be Inserted to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not completely pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you and also drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is that the results are quick even if it is cheaper than other treatments.
- The soreness would abate fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body from the normal bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to the elderly suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, treating liquids to the veins does not require much strength and also excellent health.
Of Course, Virtually Any Treatment Has Its Own Disadvantage
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation will be handled. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It cannot be used for very large swollen veins or third degree piles, too. In addition to that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a chance for blood clots. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The problem may come back after a year or so.
Tips to avoid Hemorrhoids Hemorrhoids are a very painful condition. It can impede you from doing daily activities. There are some cases in which a simple act of sitting down is very painful and it will often render you immobile as well as not able to do most of basic...
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It cannot be employed to those who have additional inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To understand other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French check out http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
Hemorrhoid or Fissure?
While it may not be the subject of casual conversation, rectal bleeding is something you should discuss with your doctor. But very often people are embarrassed ...
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com For Italian go to http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Go to Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.